Getting Started with Traction® Tools
Welcome to the Traction Tools family! We’re so excited to have you.
This guide will show you how to set up your account and start taking advantage of useful features. You’ll be running awesome, silo-breaking Level 10 Meetings™ in no time!
Questions as you go? Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to help you with what you need.
GETTING STARTED VIDEOS
- Introductory Demo
- How to manage your workspace
- How to create a Level 10 Meeting
- How to add Scorecard Measurables
- How to add Rocks
If you want full access to all of our videos, visit our Youtube channel!
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND CONTACT SUPPORT
We’re here to help!
To get in touch, click on your name on the top right corner of your workspace. From there, you’ll be able to access the Knowledge Base, where you can type your questions and find Youtube videos and articles to answer them. Alternatively, you’re always welcome to contact our support team when you need assistance.
Below you will find details on:
- How to add data and edit your profile
- How to connect Traction Tools to other software services - Zapier
- How to create/edit/run a Level 10 Meeting or Same Page Meeting™
- How to set up Texting Actions
- How to solve login issues/updating email addresses
ADD DATA & EDIT PROFILE
ADD DATA TO MEETINGS
To get things rolling, you may want to start adding data into your account. You have two options:
1) You can send us the data to be uploaded, or 2) if you are more hands-on, you can upload it yourself.
Here’s how to do both:
Let us upload your data
What we need from you: Attach the following info to the "contact support" section in the upper-right drop-down of the software, and we’ll have it uploaded to your account within 1 business day.
- User list — Include first and last name, email address, title, department, and direct supervisor
- Rocks — Indicate which are company Rocks
- Scorecard — Each measurable should have one owner
- To-Dos — Each To-Do should have one owner
- Issues — Indicate your current issues
- Vision/Traction Organizer™ (or V/TO™)
- Accountability Chart (leadership team) — We will fill out the AC for your entire Leadership Team. We'll show you how to fill in the rest.
Upload data on your own:
Use this simple template to get your data uploaded to the software.
EDIT YOUR PROFILE
To edit your profile, click on the drop-down menu by your name on the top right corner of your workspace. Then, click on Edit My Profile. From this section, you’ll be able to:
- Upload/delete your profile picture
- Set preferences for To-Do email notifications
- Reset your password
- Manage texting actions
- And more...
Traction Tools is proud to announce its integration with Zapier. Zapier is a company that enables users to connect software services together. A Zap is an automated workflow and consists of a trigger and one or more actions. When you turn the Zap on, it will run the action steps every time the trigger event occurs. One example of a Zap would be creating a Google Calander entry each time a to-do is created within Traction Tools.
To learn more, click here.
CREATE & RUN A MEETING
HOW TO CREATE A LEVEL 10 MEETING OR SAME PAGE MEETING
Important reminder: To create a meeting you must have Supervisor or Account Admin privileges. In this article, you’ll learn how to:
- Create a meeting
- Add attendees
- Add content
- Edit an existing meeting
- Use handy tips to simplify your experience
HOW TO RUN A LEVEL 10 MEETING IN TRACTION TOOLS
Running Level 10 Meetings in Traction Tools is a breeze!
We’ve all been there: You’re out and about, and suddenly, you think of an important To-Do, People Headline or Issue to add to one of your Level 10 Meetings. Fear not, friend: You can easily text any of those items directly to your Level 10 Meeting. Learn how to set up your texting actions, and sleep easy knowing your Level 10 Meeting is up-to-date!
LOGIN & EMAIL SETTINGS
If one of your users is having trouble logging in, a couple of things could be happening:
- An invite was never sent
- An active email/profile was deleted
- The email address is already being used on another account
Find useful tips to solve these issues here.
The admins of the account can also update a user’s email address and check the envelope status of users by clicking the drop-down menu by your name at the top right of the workspace and selecting Manage Organization.
- Blue envelope - User has been sent an invite but has not accepted.
- Gold envelope - User has not been sent an invite but an email is associated with the profile.
- White envelope - User is currently a placeholder and no email is associated with the profile.
- Red envelope - Invalid email address.
- CTRL + Z (PC) or CMD + Z (Mac) to retrieve an Issue while in the IDS section.
- CTRL + Z (PC) or CMD + Z (Mac) to go to the last change on the AC while editing a user’s box.
- CTRL + P (PC) or CMD + P (Mac) to print files from Docs/Timeline
- SHIFT + I (PC & Mac) to create an Issue while running an L10 meeting.
- SHIFT + T (PC & Mac) to create a To-Do while running an L10 meeting.
- SHIFT (PC & Mac) while you hover your mouse over “export data” to include the notes in the zip file.