Using Zoom With Your Meeting
Zoom is a separate account from Traction® Tools. Please see the Zoom website to create an account, https://zoom.us/
In order for 'Enable join before host' to work, the waiting room has to be turned off. See the above Zoom website for additional Zoom security options.
Sharing a screen is optional. Each meeting attendee, if logged into their own account, will be able to follow along with the leader of the meeting as they proceed through the agenda. Traction Tools provides the visual aspect of the meeting but does not provide audio/video/screen sharing. This is where Zoom or another conferencing service can help.
Zoom - Create a Recurring Zoom Meeting
- After the Zoom account is setup, go to https://zoom.us/
- Click SIGN IN at the top right and enter your credentials.
- Click on Schedule a Meeting at the top.
- Enter the Topic, such as Leadership Level 10.
- Check the box for Recurring Meeting.
- Click Recurrence in the drop-down and select No Fixed Time.
- Click Save (at the bottom of the page).
- You'll be directed to a confirmation page.
Feel free to share the Zoom room ID or Invite Link URL via internal messaging or by saving it in a meeting note. You can also store the room ID in the Video Conference tab (see another tab in this article). If you set up your meeting with a passcode, be sure to copy the invite link which includes the encrypted passcode in the link.
Traction Tools - Storing the Room ID
Store the recurring Zoom room ID for quick access when running your meeting.
- Click Meetings in the top menu bar.
- Click Go to Meeting to Start the Meeting.
- Click the Video Conference button at the bottom left of the window.
- Click either the Join Zoom button or the small up arrow button.
- At the bottom of the pop-up window, enter the Room ID (see another tab in this article for help creating a room ID), which should be 11 digits. Also, enter a Meeting Name. If your meeting was set up with a passcode, enter the meeting ID and the encrypted passcode after it (see another tab for locating this URL). It will look similar to this: 12345678912?pwd=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Click Save
- When you are ready to run your meeting, click the Video Conference button at the bottom right of the window.
- Click the small up arrow button.
- Click the Meeting Name.
- A new browser tab will open. Click Open Zoom Meetings.
- The Zoom application will now be open. Click the tab which has Traction Tools open and click the Start Meeting As Leader button.
- The next time you run your meeting, simply click the Video Conference tab at the bottom right of the window and click Rejoin Conference. If you ever need to edit your stored Zoom Room IDs, click the Change Video Provider button. All other meeting attendees only need to perform steps 7-12 to set up their browser.